Top
$355 of $3,000
12%
5 donations

This fundraiser ended on 03/09/12

Create a fundraiser like this

Jewells needs a little help to make sure she is here with her family for years to come.

I met Jewells in 2002 when she was 7 weeks old while i was working in hurricane Utah. since that day she has been my best friend and a big part of my family. she has traveled with me coast to coast and canada. she has been to the grand canyon, niagra falls, and the top of mt washington. swam in the ocean and every creek and pond she could get her paws on. and she has made friends everywhere she has gone.
when i got married in 2004, she took over her new full time job of taking care of my new growing family, which now includes two little girls and a 1 year old weiner named T-bone.
now 9 1/2 years old, Jewells has always been in fantastic health. always very playful and full of energy. this past summer however, she suddenly began to have problems in her hip. to the point that running and playing were not possible. we took her to the vet to find out what was going on. our vet could not find anything wrong with her and actually said she looked great for her age. she recomended that we take her to the university of missouri veterinarian school because it could be a neurological issue. so this is where we are now. the initial scan is going to run $2500. plus any treatment needed as a result of the findings. our family had to have some discussions about what was going to be feasible for our family. after this thought, we have decided to do whatever we can for a member of our family. and this is what brings me here. i am going to do what i can upfront, but i could also use a little help. my hope is that we can reach enough people that can help just a little bit. either by donateing, or by passing along the word. any help would be greatly appreciated. a huge thanks from Jewells, my family, and most of all, me. thank you

Update 1-16-12:
Jewells has cleared her first run with the university. orthopedics has taken an injury off the table so it is on to neuro. right now they are focusing on two primary potential causes which are cancer, or an infection in the spinal fluid. next round of test are going to be $600. if this still does not reveal the cause of the problem, the next step will be the MRI. for now, she is on some pain killers to help with mobility and it seems to be helping for the time being.




Note: in the event that we are not able to solve these problems, all proceeds will be forwarded to our local animal shelter. thanks again!
View more

Supporter activity

Login to post a comment
or Login