Top
$0 of $50,000
0%
0 donations

This fundraiser ended on 11/18/11

Create a fundraiser like this

The family and friends of April Propst are uniting to raise money to help with her battle against ovarian cancer. Please show your support!

In January of 2005, after many years of bleeding and problems with ovaries she had a full hysterectomy. At that time, knowing that she had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, her doctor assured her all was fine just to have regular checkup and pap smears. In July of 2010 She had to have surgery on an incisional hernia caused from the hysterectomy, she fell on that hernia and went to the emergency room. They did a CT Scan and found nodules. She went to the hernia doctor and had surgery at that time the surgeon removed a couple of the tumors and sent them off. He then discovered that she had Cancer but didn't know what kind. He sent her to Blumethal Cancer Center in Charlotte, NC.

She was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer, she healed from the hernia surgery and in early september underwent cancer surgery in which the doctor was able to get 98% of the tumors She then had Chemotherapy for several months to get the other 2%. While on a brief rest from chemo, she broke her ankle and had surgery on that which entailed a plate and 6 screws. While in a wheelchair with a cast on her foot, and back in chemo again her husband left and decided to no longer help her in any way. She has been left with no medical insurance or transportation or income. She is unable to work at this point and needs help with her medicine, doctors appointments, chemo, hospitalization, etc. As you can imagine, this unexpected family crisis has and will take quite a toll on April, emotionally and financially. April has been a housewife and mother for years now and has not worked outside the home for about 8 yrs. She does not qualify for any programs (such as disability) as of now and is unable to receive money to cover many crucial expenses- like her mortgage. It is important to have a home to come home to! The Chemo has brought on neuropathy in her legs, feet, hands and arms. This makes it hard for many jobs to be preformed.

We have spent the last 12 months rejoicing each day we have been given with her and are thankful for each clear scans. As many of you might know, there is no cure for ovarian cancer and it is known as the silent killer. It is very hard to detect and diagnose. However, we remain hopeful that she will beat the odds, and grateful for each day we are given.

April is in the battle of her life right now and the mounting medical bills are a worry we would like to take away from her. We can't change this disease, but we can change how she fights it! Thank you all for your donations, support and most importantly prayers. We do believe in miracles and we pray for one each day.
God Bless you.

If you have any questions or suggestions you may contact us at abriela54@yahoo.com and if you would prefer to mail a check, you may do so in April's name and send to: 6331 Crosswinds Drive, Clover, SC 29710

Thank you and may God bless and keep you.

Family and Friends of April Propst
View more

Supporter activity

Login to post a comment
or Login