Top

Kayla Humphries Memorial Fund

$2,489 of $2,000
100%
52 donations
0 days left

This fundraiser ended on 09/10/13

Create a fundraiser like this

Following the tragic loss of Kayla Humphries, we have established a memorial fund for Mikey and Nyla's futures in honor of Kayla.

We are all shocked and deeply saddened by the sudden and tragic loss of Kayla Humphries. As we mourn the loss of an unforgettable friend, cousin, sister, daughter, and mother we must look out for the two souls that she cared most about, Mikey and Nyla. Give Forward provides the forum to help provide for the future of Mikey and Nyla. Nothing here will fill the void that only Kayla could have filled but as a community we must do what we can to do all that we can. The funds raised from your donation will go toward two savings bonds (one for Mikey, one for Nyla) that they can use in the future as they venture out as young adults. Please give what you can; it will add up. And please share this page with anyone whom you think would be interested. God bless.

Full disclosure: My name is Matt DeSabio; I am Kayla's cousin. This is the first time I have set up something like this and I want to be clear on the financial aspects of this. Give Forward takes 7% of the total for fees (e.g. credit card fees, administrative processing) and then sends a check. That check will then be used to purchase two savings bonds and every dime of the remaining 93% will go to Mikey and Nyla.

View more

Supporter activity

Login to post a comment
or Login