$190 of $5,000
4 donations

This fundraiser ended on 10/30/12

Create a fundraiser like this

Please help Molly and her Mom. It may feel like a drop in the bucket, but the biggest bucket can fill to the brim, just 1 drop at a time.

Molly was diagnosed with Transitional Cell Carcinoma (TCC - Bladder Cancer) on March 11, 2010. Her prognosis was poor, with a survival time of about 1 year with treatment. We started treatment immediately. Now here we are nearly  months (on September 11, 2012) since diagnosis, and have been through 6 chemotherapy drugs. The toll on my family and finances of keeping my sweet, life loving girl going has been tremendous and has put us deeply in debt.Having her with us and watching her live each and every day to it's fullest has all been worth it. About Molly: Molly was born on October 30, 1999 on a cattle ranch in Sonoma CA. I had just lost the second of my elderly dogs and saw the add in the paper. I just had to call, and then go "just to look". When we arrived there was a littler of cute puppies, all of them tri-colored except for Molly, and her sister (who was almost all white). It didn't take long for us to realize Molly was meant to join our family. The breeder wanted to keep her another 2 weeks, but when I noticed all the fleas she had, I was able to convince the breeder to let us take her that day - she was 6 weeks old - not knowing that I had actually save her life. When we took her to the vets, we were told she wouldn't have made it another 2 weeks, that the fleas would have made her too anemic. Molly has had a very full life. She has done Agility, sheep herding, Flyball, and pet assisted therapy work. She has always give her all in everything we have done together, just as she has done in her battle against cancer. She has been my companion, friend, and working partner. Our bond runs deep, we are truly attached at the heart. On August 2, 2012 Molly was hospitalized due to a reaction to the 4th dose of the latest chemotherapy drug we were using on her. She developed aspirate pneumonia. It was a tough fight and we thought we may loose her, but she fought, as always, and came home on August 6, 2012. Molly had a relapse on August 8, 2012, and we almost lost her. After spending 5 days in the hospital fighting for her life, she was able to come home on August 12. Those bills alone are tremendous, and my credit lines are running thin. Please consider a donation to help pay for Molly's continued treatment and accumulated bills, especially this last hospital stays. No amount is too small, every dollar counts. It may feel like a drop in the bucket and like it can't make a difference, but it can and it does. Even the biggest bucket can be filled to the brim, just 1 drop at a time.

View more


Supporter activity

Login to post a comment
or Login