$0 of $10,000
0 donations

This fundraiser ended on 04/13/12

Create a fundraiser like this

This is the Saving Lanie fund, all donations will go to the diagnosis and treatment/cure of a beloved family member. Our dog.

My puppy Lanie has been very sick for several months. She first became sick when she was only 5 months old, she was perfectly fine one night but the next morning she woke up and every time you touched her anywhere she would scream. We could tell she was in a lot of pain so we took her to the vet he gave her a shot of antibiotics and told us there was a good chance whatever she had was killing her and that we should put her down.

The shot didn't help but we love our puppy more then our own lives. She belongs to me and my boyfriend. She began getting sicker and sicker until she barely even moved. We had to carry her outside to use the bathroom. We then took immediate action and began looking for vets for low income families. We have very little money. The vet did the first exam free and told us she had a mystery disease.

They helped us apply for care credit. We each applied and were awarded $500 each for a total of $1,000. We thought this would be more then enough to help her. We were wrong. We paid for x-rays and blood tests and all kinds of things, all to no avail. She got sicker everyday. The money was gone and we can't come up with enough money to pay down our bills. Antibiotics helped for 2 weeks but as soon as she came off of them she was back to misery. She got to the point where her front legs began giving out on her, she couldn't even hold herself up to use the bathroom. We took her to a specialist with the little money we had left. They told us she either has meningitis or discospondylitis.

The tests would cost $2,000 we were heartbroken it would take us years to come up with that. We have spoken to many vets but no one is willing to work out a payment plan. They want the money up front. We need your help to not only be able to officially diagnose her but to get her the surgery she needs. There's no telling how much time she has, but we just ran out of the last of the antibiotics. She is now only 11 months old. We are terrified she won't live to be 1 year old. The money donated would go straight to the emergency clinic to diagnose and treat/cure her. Any remaining money we would hope to donate to others in need.
View more

Supporter activity

Login to post a comment
or Login