My Father, My Hero, has been struck with Lung Cancer. No insurance, we must pay for Chemo. Please help with any gift you can spare.
My father, Frank, is only 56 years old and provides for his disabled wife and elderly mother. He supported his family with a small landscaping company. He does most the work himself and devoted himself to supporting his family. He is a hard working father who always put his family needs before his own including sacrificing his own personal health insurance. He has been stricken with Lung Cancer with no way to pay for his medical costs or support his wife and mother. He just started his first round of Chemo on 3/23/2013. Any amount we can raise will go toward the overwhelming cost of treating this disease.
Charity is important. The word "charity" comes from the french root "caritas", which means "Christian Love". We should not resent those who seem to "want more", a few examples:
Corinthians 9:7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
Matthew 5:41-42 "And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
Hebrews 13:16 Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.
PLEASE HELP our family with anything you can spare. He has a Wife, 4 Sons, 12 Grandchildren and 3 Great Grandchildren. We are all trying to do everything we can to raise money for him. You will get occational progress updates to all who donate.
God Bless you all. Every Dollar Counts and is Needed.
The finacial reality of Cancer. -
- $10 would provide round trip transport to a treatment.
- $50 would supply 1 needle kit.
- $75 would cover a day of pain relief.
- $200 would cover the nurses fee for a treatment.
- $500 would cover one Radiation treatment.
- $600 for one antiboitic treatment
- $1,600 would pay for one full Chemo treatment.
- $22,000 a day for hospital stay at Condell Hospital.
They estimate well over $175,000 dollars in treatment. I can't give up.
I don't want to cause hopelessness after reading this so here are a few jokes to lighten the mood:
- A man hears from his doctor that he has cancer and only has six months to live. The doctor recommends that he marry an accountant and move to Detroit. The man asks, "Will this cure my cancer?" "No," said the doctor, "but the six months will seem much longer!"
- What's the difference between God and a Doctor?---->God doesn't think he's a Doctor!
- Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson were going camping. They pitched their tent under the stars and went to sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night Holmes woke Watson up and said: "Watson, look up at the stars, and tell me what you see." Watson replied: "I see millions and millions of stars." Holmes said: "And what do you deduce from that?" Watson replied: "Well, if there are millions of stars, and if even a few of those have planets, it’s quite likely there are some planets like Earth out there. And if there are a few planets like Earth out there, there might also be life." And Holmes said: "Watson, you idiot, it means that somebody stole our tent.
- 3 orthopedic surgeons took 55 days to do a jigsaw and were proud of their achievement.---->When asked why they were so proud they said because it said 2-3 years on the box.