$4,080 of $5,000
42 donations

This fundraiser ended on 08/31/14

Create a fundraiser like this

Chase Foley 2 years old, fighting ALL again. We want to raise enough to maintain their home while Chase is in Rochester having a transplant.

Meet the Foleys: Christopher, Elizabeth, Alexis, Austin, Peyton, and Chase.

Chris Foley graduate from Clay-Battelle High School in the class of 1992. After high school he joined the US Army where he proudly served in Haiti and Korea. Upon returning to the US he was stationed in Georgia where in 1993, Chris was struck and critically injured by a drunk driver one night while driving on base, an accident, which nearly took his life. After months of hospitalization and physical therapy Chris was transferred to the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Drum, located 10 miles NE of Watertown NY.  Shortly after arriving at Fort Drum Chris was deemed permanently disabled because of his injuries and no longer being able preform his duties for the Army and was placed on permanent medical disability.

In 1998, Chris met Elizabeth, a local girl from Copenhagen, NY, a small village about 15 miles south of Fort Drum. The couple quickly fell in love and married in November of 2001. Chris brought two children to the family from a previous marriage, Lexy 1 and Austin 3 mo.  They were a happy family but they decided to make their family a little bigger and in November of 2008 a little baby girl, Peyton, was born. They were happier than ever with their little family and wanted for nothing.

Then they got a very nice surprise. They were going to add to their family yet again, and began to prepare.  Elizabeth, known as Liz to her family and friends had a hard pregnancy and birth, but it wasn’t long before the blessed day arrived.  On September 5, 2011 she gave birth to Chase Roger Foley.

During Chase's one-month wellness check up an emergency ultrasound was ordered to explore further what felt like an abnormally large liver and spleen. Chase was immediately sent to Golisano Children’s Hospital in Syracuse NY, where he underwent further testing. The diagnosis was Infantile Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL).

This is a form of cancer that is rare and difficult to treat. At one month old, Chase underwent six weeks of blood transfusions and chemotherapy. The Foley's decided as a family, to relocate to Albany to follow treatment with the pediatric oncology team at Albany Medical Center, where Chase was to participate in a trial drug test for an enzyme inhibitor that was supposed to help prevent relapse of the cancer in future years.

This immediate uprooting for Chase's treatment had been difficult on the family but with the love of family and friends all over the country and the graciousness of the Ronald McDonald House in Albany, Chase and his family were able to weather the storm. Chase went into remission rather quickly and was in remission for 2 years.

Chase had been doing so well that in April of 2014 his Doctors were talking about scheduling to have his central port removed and scheduling his first round of immunizations. His Doctors were only weeks away from removing his port when Chase began to get sick. His Doctor said that it was probably just a virus to watch and see what happened and they would do further testing if his white counts didn’t improve. Chase was admitted to the hospital a few days later with a temperature and a bone marrow test was ordered.  On April 4, 2014, the test came back positive for cancer blasts. After his little body fought so valiantly for two years, the cancer blasts were back and Chase's body had officially relapsed.

Once again Chase along with Chris, Liz, Lexy, Austin and Peyton, will be fighting ALL with an intensive 4 week set chemotherapy, periotic blood transfusions and now, a bone marrow transplant. Chase's family and friends are ready to stand by his side as his new road map unfolds and the battle begins, yet again.

The family has met with the Transplant Doctor in Rochester NY and the Doctor is very confident that they'll find a match for Chase very quickly he'll in good shape to have his transplant. When the time comes for this, the family will have to temporarily relocate to the Rochester/Buffalo area.

It is anticipated that in August Chase will be admitted to the transplant unit at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, NY and undergo seven intensive days of chemotherapy and radiation until of his immune system is wiped out so his body can readily accept the donor marrow. Chase will likely be in Rochester for a minimum of three months and during his stay his visitors will be greatly limited. It will be a long harrowing journey for all of us.

To share our journey with us and to find out how you can help support the family please log onto:


We are now officially on the mission to "Chase Away Leukemia". 
View more


Supporter activity

Login to post a comment
or Login