Top
$2,930 of $5,000
59%
32 donations

This fundraiser ended on 12/09/12

Create a fundraiser like this

5 year old Danika Shick was diagnosed with a thalamic tumor. Please show your support to raise money to help Danika with medical expenses.

This fundraiser has been set up for 5 year old Danika Shick who has been diagnosed with a thalamic tumor. All donations will go directly to the family to help pay for her medical needs. Your financial support will help Danika and her family through this tough time. Any amount you can donate will help!! In April of 2012 Danika was diagnosed with a thalamic tumor. The exact grade of this brain tumor is still undetermined as there are unusual cells involved but the pathology is still being reviewed by doctors all over the country and they will have a clearer diagnosis when the results come back. At this time we can be sure that there are very malignant cells in the center of the tumor which require aggressive treatment. Danika has had two craniotomies to remove as much of the tumor as possible and it is predicted that the doctors were able to get about 95%. The other 5% is now being treated with radiation and chemotherapy. She goes to radiation 5 days a week for 20 minutes a day and for 32 treatments. The effects include left sided weakness and hypersensitivity as well as hemianopsia which is blindness on the left side of each eye. As of September 2012 Danika is going to school and doing intermittent chemotherapy as well as physical and occupational therapy. She is doing well and in good spirits. An MRI in 2-3 months will tell if the treatments have been effective. Your donations to help Danika's mom pay her medical expenses would be greatly appreciated. These donations will be presented to her right before Christmas. Danika is a beautiful and brave little girl and we all want to see her through this. Thank you!!! Friends of Danika's family

View more

Supporter activity

Login to post a comment
or Login