$0 of $5,000
0 donations

This fundraiser ended on 08/06/12

Create a fundraiser like this

Zoie an American Pit bull Terrier needs financial help with her needed surgeries . Please help her be pain free. thank you so much

Zoie was adopted the day before uthanization was scheduled. she was only 9 months old. after having her for a year, she started having problems with her knees. took her to the vet, the took xrays, and told us she had torn her acl in one of her knees, they said surgery may not be necessary, if she was put on supplements and restrictions for movement, only walking and no stairs. so 6 months of carrying her up and down a flight of stairs, mind you she weighed close to 70lbs. then. she did get better but still sore. after the vet said to lighted her restrictions, she managed to tear her other acl in her other knee. :( back to the vet. they decided to do the same. (with restrictions and pills) at this time we were very worried, her pills alone, plus the xrays have cost over 1000.00 dollars. we did what was recommended, but only after a few months this time her first knee she injured was getting worse. because that still wasnt all the way healed. we then took her back to the vet to see if surgery was necessary. they said yes. we were referred to a vet office located 200 miles away. we sent her xrays to them and scheduled her for the surgery. on sept. 22nd 2011, she had her surgery on the first knee she injured. they told us she would be fine on a few months. unfortunately that wasnt the case. she was on strict restrictions for 6 weeks. then after that she started using her leg a little bit. then a little more. but after waking up one morning she wasnt using it at all. back to the vet, to find out the suture they had put in her knee to fix the problem broke. :( at our ropes end, we asked what next, we just spent all our savings of 4000.00 dollars for the surgery to help her and it didnt work. the vet referred us to Michigan State University. we just had her appointment last week, they confirmed , and said surgery is needed in both her knees, the suture in the knee from the first surgery needs to come out right away because its causing a reoccurring infection. then after she is clear of the infection totally, she can then have the surgery again. we are saving every penny we can get, but it doesnt seem fast enough. its so hard when you talk to people, all they have to say is surrender the dog or put her down. !!!! thats like saying if your child is sick just leave them at the hospital and hope they get better, or kill them, so the problems go away. im sorry but i will go out of my way to save any animal i can help, by an means. but im also not afraid to ask for some help if im not sure i can do it all by myself. thank you for reading, and God Bless all of you that help any animal in need !
View more


Supporter activity

Login to post a comment
or Login