Top
$1,320 of $20,000
7%
6 donations

This fundraiser ended on 04/30/12

Create a fundraiser like this

Francesca McCarter's family & friends are uniting to raise money for her cancer recovery, healthcare, insurance premiums, & living expenses.

The family and friends of Francesca McCarter are uniting to help offset her health care costs and daily living expenses.

As most of you are aware, our dear Francesca was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer that had reached Stage 3 in September 2010, after a clear mammogram the previous April. She has been fighting the valiant fight against this aggressive breast cancer for over a year now, starting with mastectomy, and progressing through radiation and chemotherapy. During chemo, Francesca suffered intensely from almost every side effect that one could experience - even the ones occurring in 0.01% of those being treated with chemo!! Despite it all - throughout it all - she has maintained her independence, humor, compassion, self-confidence, humility, and openness. She has reaped loving kindness and generosity from friends, family, and neighbors.

The past year has taken a heavy toll. It would have been best if Francesca could have focused all of her energy and strength on winning her battle. Instead, she had to cope with the difficulty of trying to keep up with mounting daily living expenses while fighting cancer, and being unable to work. So, it has been disastrous for Francesca financially. As many of you know, she is an intelligent, compassionate and highly skilled professional Interventionist, helping addicted individuals to begin treatment leading to recovery, by working through families, friends, co-workers, and others. She lives alone. She works alone. She has no other source of income. Because of the unsparing effects of chemotherapy, she was rarely able to work and has had to bear the hardship of this ongoing monetary crisis on top of her critical medical situation. Her personal and business accounts are now empty.

The good news is: the chemo is done! Nonetheless, Francesca still needs our help. She needs some recovery time, and some breathing room, before she will be able to begin to rebuild her business. She needs help covering past and ongoing expenses. She needs money to pay her health insurance premiums, dental costs, and more. In addition, she needs help with living expenses - food, heat, electricity, water, and phone. All the things we take for granted, she cannot access without our generosity. If we can help support Francesca financially, we can help to ensure her recovery. And we will reap the benefits, too, in her success.

We know that finances are difficult for many people, especially in this economy. Even so, we are asking for you to be as generous as possible. Remember, every little bit helps. Donations can be given anonymously, and loving messages are most welcome in the “Hugs” section. Thank you for your thoughtful and generous support.

Unfortunately, contributions are not tax deductable. Nonetheless, 93% of the money you donate through GiveForward goes directly to Francesca. The remaining 7% goes to paying fees for credit cards, PayPal, etc., and to expanding their services to provide our community with the easiest way to raise money for loved ones in need.


View more

Supporter activity

Login to post a comment
or Login