Top
$435 of $50,000
1%
10 donations

This fundraiser ended on 02/05/13

Create a fundraiser like this

This is the Dennis "Jay" Schori Jr. Kidney Transplant Fund. The Funds will be used for medical expenses not covered by medical insurance.

In May 2010, 31 yr old Dennis "Jay" Schori Jr. was Diagnosed with end stage renal disease and told he would need to go on dialysis. Jay with the help of Devita Home Health helped him to choose the dialysis best for him.
Jay's kidney problems had been a result of undiagnosed and untreated high blood pressure problems, and the doctors had suspected he had even had the problem since childhood.

Jay needs your help. The medical costs are mounting and the need for funds for a future kidney transplant are imminent.
The anti-rejection medication after the transplant is estimated to cost up to $4,000 US dollars a month to start. He will have to stay in the hospital for 3 weeks after the transplant. The hospital is a 2 hour drive from where he lives, so there will be a lot of driving back and forth with follow-up appointments and labwork.
Jay has medicare which only covers 80% of the costs and has no secondary insurance which leaves 20% of costs he owes. He is in the process of trying to get Medicaid cost share which will cover 10% and leave him 10% to pay.

Due to the renal disease and severe migraines Jay is unable to work. He says he misses working and knows that with a transplant and proper care from doctors for both illnesses he will be able to function normally again.

Thank you all for your donations, support and most importantly prayers. We do believe in miracles and we pray for that everyday.

If you have any questions or wish to speak to a family representative can be emailed at:
williamsonlaura88@hotmail.com
or on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/dawn.williamson.9847

God Bless you all
the Schori Family
View more

Supporter activity

Login to post a comment
or Login