Top
$0 of $20,000
0%
0 donations

This fundraiser ended on 01/11/11

Create a fundraiser like this

I am trying to raise funds for treatment for OCD. I will be going inpatient at The Mclean OCD Institute in Boston Ma.Medications and behavior therapy have not worked and I am unable to work or carry on a social life. Your contribution will help me

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is a crippling form of mental illness which prevents people from having anything resembling a normal life. 

I have had some manifestation of OCD since I was in the fourth grade when I first exhibited trichotillomania (pulling out one's hair). By the seventh grade I had full blown obsessions and compulsions which affect my life to this very day.

My OCD has prevented me from having a consistent work life. I have been on permanent and total disability since December 1996. it has also created great problems in my social and dating life (making relation- ships very difficult).

I repeat actions  such as going up and down stairs and turning lights on and off many times.  I have a very bad problem with hoarding which has almost caused me to be evicted several times.

 After 25 years of medications that didn't work and therapy which hasn't helped I have made a difficult decision------to admit myself voluntarily to an inpatient psychiatric hospital that treats OCD.  It is  "the Mclean Instit- stitute " in Boston MA.

Medicare pays for 80% of the treatment. However, the other 20% is not covered by Medicaid because I am not a Massachusetts resident.  That is why I am starting  "The Ron Percuoco OCD Fund" ---- to make up the other  20% that is not covered.  Any contribution that you make would be greatly appreciated.   Thank you very much.

                             Sincerly yours,

                                                                        Ron Percuoco

 

                              

View more

Supporter activity

Login to post a comment
or Login