Join the “Thinking of You” Community Contest and win up to $250!
Emotional support is just as meaningful as financial help during life’s challenges. But it’s not easy to find the right words for someone facing a scary diagnosis, the loss of someone they love, or any kind of major change.
That’s why “Thinking of You” is a new feature on Community Pages. Now, with the click of a button, people can easily express what’s hard to say: “I’m thinking of you and you’re not alone.”
To show the impact of communities giving emotional support, GiveForward’s hosting a “Thinking of You” Community Contest during the week of August 31st – September 7th, 2015.
- 1st Place (2 Communities) will win $250
- 2nd Place (2 Communities) will win $150
- 3rd Place (2 Communities) will win $100
1. Activate your Community Page.
- If you already have a Community Page, you’ll see an orange “CHECK IT OUT” button below your Fundraiser’s cover photo:
- If you don’t have a Community Page linked to your Fundraiser, you can email a Coach at Coach@GiveForward.com to activate it.
- If you don’t have a Fundraiser, you can create a new Community Page at https://pages.giveforward.com/page/new/step-one.
2. Ask your community to use the “Thinking of You” feature on your Community Page.
- To use “Thinking of You,” click the heart in the upper right-hand corner of the activity feed, leave a note, and click the green “Post” button:
- Share your Community Page on Facebook, in email, and in text messages to get as many “Thinking of You” actions as possible.
An individual is eligible for one “Thinking of You” action per day. To count towards the contest, each “Thinking of You” must include a note. The six communities with the most “Thinking of You” actions between 8:00 am CT on August 31, 2015 and 8:00 pm CT on September 7, 2015 will win prizes.
But it’s not all about prizes. An action as simple as expressing you’re thinking of someone can get them through an exhausting treatment, a stressful morning, or lonely moment. In short, “Thinking of You” can change someone’s world.
For Official Contest Rules, visit www.giveforward.com/p/thinking-community-contest-official-contest-rules.