1. Personalize your fundraising page as much as possible with a heartfelt description and lots of photos. The fundraisers who do the best are the ones who really make an effort to tell their stories. Explain to your donors what you are raising money for and why it is so important to you. If your friends and family see that you are passionate about your fundraising efforts, they are more likely to give and give generously. More tips on how to personalize.
2. Promote Promote Promote! The more you promote your fundraising page the better it will do. Here are the best ways to promote
* Email everyone you know! Even if you haven't spoken to them in years, you'll be surprised at how many people will decide to donate when you ask.
* When you email your friends and family ask them to share your page with their friends and co-workers using the "Tell-a-friend" button on your page.
* Set up a Facebook group that includes a link to your GiveForward fundraising page. If you have a Facebook account definitely set up a group. This has been far and away one of the most successful strategies for our users.
* Add the URL from your fundraising page to your email signature
* Add the URL to your AIM, Gchat or Facebook status message
3. Send email or facebook updates to your friends and family. One of the single most important tips to online fundraising is to be persistent. While some people will donate the first time you ask them, the reality is that it will take at least 2-3 friendly reminders before the majority of your friends and family open up their wallets for you. Fundraisers who keep their donor base engaged with frequent updates tend to be the most successful. Read more here about how and when to send out email/Facebook updates. Read more