Inspirational cancer quotes to share
Margie Mack claims to be just an “ordinary grandma,” but that’s far from true. Margie is an accomplished writer, Reiki healer and devoted wife.
When Margie’s daughter-in-law, Stefanie, was diagnosed with breast cancer, Margie started a GiveForward Page. Since then, she’s raised over $5,000 and documented every moment of her family’s journey in heartfelt updates.
Margie opens each update with a quote that brings her comfort and understanding. So, to help others navigating challenges, Margie shared some meaningful words she’s turned to again and again as she stands by Stefanie.
Here are 6 of Margie’s favorite cancer quotes:
1) “Finish each day before you begin the next and interpose a solid wall of sleep between the two. This you cannot do without temperance.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
2) “I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” -Alice in Wonderland
3) “My soul is not contained within the limits of my body, my body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul. I often said that I wish people could realize all their wishes and their dreams and wealth and fame so that they could see that it’s not where they are going to find their sense of completion. I can tell you from personal experience that the effect that you have on others is the most valuable currency there is. Because everything in your life will fall apart and rot but how you made people feel will last for eternity.” -Jim Carey
4) “There is no reward without a risk.” -Rick Hayes
5) “People may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel.” -Maya Angelou
6) “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” -Buddha
If someone you love is facing a difficult diagnosis, share one of these cancer quotes to help bring comfort and understanding. As Margie writes, “Cancer attacks the ones we love and then it attacks us also. So when you face the dark night of the soul and you know you have to find something…anything to lift you and your loved ones up, remember that words are weapons and with them you can survive to fight another day!”